I got some install problems with rh61 end 62 on several machines, of the
same kind as yours.
I used to solve them by installing only the bare os, by editing the
detailed package list and removing anything. Then, after booting the new
system, I had to install manually all the packages I needed.
Maybe you can try that ?
BTW I don't think this problem is related to P4

A 16:18 01/03/02 +0100, vous avez écrit :
>Hi,
>I tried to install redhat-6.2 on a pentium 4.
>The installation actually goes well until it tries to get the package
>list (or something like that).
>Anaconda then complains with
>
>   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/comp.sys"
>     line 46 in __getitem__
>return self.packages[item]
>     KeyError: basesystem
>
>has anyone successfully installed rh-6.2 on a pentium 4?

Bien sûr que je suis perfectionniste !
Mais ne pourrais-je pas l'être mieux ?
        Thierry ITTY
eMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]               FRANCE