On 10:33 04 Mar 2002, Frank Carreiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

| Does ncftp do directories?  I was unaware of any ftp product with this
| ability.  If you could I would simply tar/gzip it then sftp the file(s)
| across.

For directories I tend to use rsync with ssh as the transport. Just
set $RSYNC_RSH to "ssh" and go:

        cd target-dir
        rsync -avHP host:/path/to/dir/. .

Or just:

        cd target-dir
        ssh host 'cd /path/to/dir || exit 1; tar cf - .' | tar xf -

if I'm moving the whole directory, sometimes with an rsync afterwards to
make sure it was all good.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Of course I believe that solipsism is the correct philosophy, but that's only
one man's opinion.      - Bill Garrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>