I also see the problems you described with vim after updating my RedHat 7.1.
I don't yet have a clue of what's causing them.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Harry Putnam
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 11:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Major update on 7.1 disrupts fonts, keyboard.. what the..

Harry Putnam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> An example: Previous to update, pressing bckspc while in insert mode in
> vim would delete to the left, moving the cursor to left.  Now I get
> ^? with the same action.   Default font for emacs has changed.

A further note here:  dmesg doesn't show anything interesting about
fonts but a grep of the recent boot messages in /var/log/messages,
since the update does:

grep -i default.*font /var/log/messages

(This is on a very large messages that includes boots previous to
update and 3 afterwards:

Mar 20 02:58:39 reader rc.sysinit: \
 Setting default font (lat0-sun16):  succeeded

Mar 20 03:00:24 reader rc.sysinit: \
 Setting default font (lat0-sun16):  succeeded

Mar 20 10:40:35 reader rc.sysinit: \
Setting default font (lat0-sun16):  succeeded

What is that all about? Anyone?