I have a couple of boxes that I want to upgrade ssh on but the
dependency chain for building from the source rpm is kicking my ass.
These are RHL 6.2 boxes that are pretty pared down

it is the Xfree and gnome libs stuff that is needed and that leads me
down the road to dependency hell. I am assuming that the problem lies
with the fact that I don't have much in the way of X installed on these
boxes and that the rpm is going to try to build gnome-askpass or
whatever the *(&@ it is called.

Is there a way to tell rpm that I don't want it to build that package
and don't need all that crap?  If indeed that is the problem.

Do I need to install the src.rpm and tweek the spec file?  What should I
change? I really don't do a lot of compiling and this kind of stuff is
why I guess.

Tips appreciated,

Bret