On Sat, 2002-03-30 at 21:37, Jason Costomiris wrote:
> Read the spec file.  It will be glaringly apparent how to fix your
> dependency problems.

you are right of course.  Once Devon's helpful post sent me down that
path it was apparent.  Especially the redhat src.rpm.  I was trying to
do a --rebuild on the src.rpm without looking into the specfile since
the source was not installed.

built rpms installed well except for one 6.0 machine with a bunch of
upgrades that leads me into a dependency nightmare beginning with
init-scripts.

I guess it is time to upgrade.  This particular machine is the primary
file server and intranet server where a significant portion of the apps
that run our system lives.  I have hesitated to wade into it but I guess
I will test my recovery from amanda backups procedure and go for it.

The machine is a compaq 3000 with smart whatever scsi running raid 5 and
dual pIII procs.  It appears that the upgrade to 7.2 should go ok from a
hardware stand point but upgrading so may pieces of software is always
pretty scary to me since having it down is kind of a big deal.  One nice
thing about being the boss is that at least I can't get fired :)

Sorry for the thread creep but I thought I would toss it out to see if
anyone has had issues or tips.

Bret