On Sat, 2002-03-30 at 11:59, Devon wrote:

> On Saturday 30 March 2002 12:25 pm, Bret Hughes wrote:
>
> > yeah I know but I REALLY like having the rpms so I can easily (read
> > hard to make mistatkes) upgrade all machines.  I only have 6 or 7 of
> > these 6.x boxes and don't anticipate anymore but I have 32 7.x boxes
> > with more coming and since I still can't afford to have someone be a
> > dedicated admin I have to try and make this as quick and easy as
> > possible.
>
> Reading your follow-up...
> Be careful the patch I posted will build packages for the 6.X boxen.
> Specifically, this part is for 6.x only:
>
>  # Is this build for RHL 6.x?
> - -%define build6x 0
> +%define build6x 1
>
> Just wanted to be sure you didn't miss that part. ;)

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks much.
I had to get the RH src rpm since a couple differences in the spec file
were not refered to in your patch.from openssh.org.

Also for anyone reading this thread in the future, the spec file is
actually in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS not SOURCES.

Thanks again Devon the build was successful and I am off to install and
test.one of the machines os about two hours from here and in a locked
closet to which I don't have access to on the weekends without a BIG
hassle so I will test on a box at the office first.  It has a keyboard
and monitor incase I screwed something up :)

Bret