No...in the case of adsl and a PPPOE connection, the static IP is not
within your control.  It will be assigned to you every time you reinstate
your connection, and the PPPOE client will assign the IP address to teh
PPP interface.

What I'm saying is that there is no way for you to manually assign that IP
to any physical interface on your system, and that you'll have to let the
PPPoE client do its thing.