On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 02:36:48PM -0500, Mike Burger wrote:
> I believe that you can't set a static IP if using any sort of PPP
> implementation, PPPOE included.  The PPPOE client sets the IP
> address for

Nonsense, or you are not meaning what it sounds like :) I guess you
mean you can't assign yourself a static IP without peer being of like
mind?

> the PPP interface, which is the actual interface used on your connection
> to the net.

PPP can handle this though I am not familiar with all the nitty
gritty. My ISP requires a different login:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]%static, just like that for PPPoE. Maybe others
do something similar?

--
Hal Burgiss