From: "Ashley M. Kirchner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2002 1:24 AM
Subject: 2GB Limit?

>     Redhat 7.0...
>
>     I was attempting to tar/gzip a rather large directory and stumbled
upon a (probably) well known 2GB limit.  The system is running ext2 all
around and it appears I can't go beyond this limit.  Does anyone have any
suggestions to overcome this?  I've got to be able to tar/gzip this
directory for archiving purposes.

>     Would converting the drive to ext3 help?  Does RH7.0 even support
ext3?  Am I better off upgrading the OS to RH7.2, use a journaling volume
and go from there?