R Talbot writes:

<edit>

>Are other users accustomed to large updates or do they simply wait for a
>
>new
>version???
>And are others interested in emailing RH management to request they
>offer
>update CDs.
>
>Comments Please.. No Flames :^)

Bob,

I had been just doing the install from the CD and not doing the updates.  But in
the last 2 months my 6.[1|2] boxes have been hacked 3 times by the same guy who
was easily able to gain root access.  The purpose for the updates is to keep
plugging newly found security holes, and to keep hackers having to search for
new security holes in new updates.  If you don't update you're inviting
parasites to move into your system.  My experience is that they'll gladly do it.
You might just as well publish your root password.

Glen