On 25/05/2002 at 8:26 AM Scott [EMAIL PROTECTED] [gregausit/redhat-list]
wrote:

>Greetings (help, help!)
>
>Last night I had a root filesystem fill due to a log file growing too
>large.
>I have corected that and all is back to normal except:
>
>All of my "public_html" (i.e. http://www.mydomain.com/~jones) web pages
>stopped serving.  My non-public_html pages and virtual domains are working
>fine.
>

>conf file has not changed and srm.comf has:
>
>DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html
>UserDir public_html
>
>Can someone tell me what to check next or how to repair?

You should only be using http(s)d.conf unless it is really old version.

Anyway, you do not say if it worked before, go to a shell and see if you
can access the directory as a different user, i.e user nobody needs to be
able to get to this file index.html, some versions of RH required manually
setting the directory permissions.

Regards

Greg Wright
--

IT Consultant Sydney Australia     PH 0418 292020 -- Int. +61 418 292020
Available for Global Contracts      US Fax -- 801 740 2874