Hi Greg:

I found the problem.  Somehow the permissions on my password file got
changed.  Must have been related to the filesystem filling up. Fixing that
fixed the user pages.  Oh well, at least I was prodded into updating Apache
<g>.

Thanks very much as always for your help,
Scott

> >All of my "public_html" (i.e. http://www.mydomain.com/~jones) web pages
> >stopped serving.  My non-public_html pages and virtual domains are
working
> >fine.

> >conf file has not changed and srm.comf has:
> >
> >DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html
> >UserDir public_html
> >
> >Can someone tell me what to check next or how to repair?

> You should only be using http(s)d.conf unless it is really old version.

In my efforts to fix, I installed the latest rpm. I'm now running 1.3.22.  I
re-edited the fresh config files and I am now only using httpd.conf, the
others are empty.