From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jon Gaudette
Sent: Thursday, 13 June 2002 7:21 p.m.
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Opps...

Here's the thing though.  I am planning a HUGE migration from Microsoft to Linux in a K-12 school system.  This includes servers AND workstations.  Now, trust me, I'm not fan of Microsoft, I downright despise them.  However, would any kid in the network get his hand on a workstation and be able to start changing the root password?  What type of security other than with the bootloader is there?  Is there a way to turn off Single User Mode?  If so, what are the implications of doing this?

Thank you in advance.
*   Jon "GenKiller" Gaudette                            ultra übergeek *
*   Webmaster / Founder  -|-   DDN    -|-  http://www.digital-drip.com *
*   Co-Webmaster         -|-   CNCNZ  -|-  http://www.cncnz.com        *
*   Co-Webmaster         -|-   APS    -|-  http://auburn.k12.ma.us     *