Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 2:53 AM
Subject: Re: cdrom problems

I was also experencing the same kind of problem when i installed RH7.2

you have to link the /dev/cdrom file to /dev/hdb or /dev/hdc(might even be /dev/hdc1 or hdc2) depending on how many cdroms you might have.

To do this you have to edit a file called /etc/fstab

In the fstab file the line for cd-rom should look like this

/dev/hdb /mnt/cdrom iso9660  owner,exec,dev,suid,ro,noauto,kudzu 0 0

(of course the device Id iso9660 is specific to my drive which is a samsung 52x,this will be automatically detected in your system)

and after doing this run kudzu once and most probably some devices may be deteced as removed from the system and after that the cd drive should be running fine)

Arvind