Anyone running tinydns?

Our isp dns server and/or their routing to the dns servers is always
going down.  To further investigate the problem I would like to run my
own local full dns server on my DSL gateway box which will only allow my
localnet to connect (I assume it's udp?).  I also assume this is not
just a caching dns server but tinydns itself and would operate
independently from my ISPs DNS servers.

I have djbdns tools and svscan installed on redhat linux.  Now is this
correct. Do I or can I run a my own dns server from a DSL connection and
where do I start setting this up?

I will use this mainly for testing purposes when the follow problem
occurs:  my isps remote dns servers are not reachable but I CAN connect
using a sites ip address.

If possible I wish to use this tinydns and avoid named.

I reviewed this page, http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/faq/tinydns.html but still
don't know if it will work for my purposes.  If it relies on my isps dns
it would do no good.

jay