Title: ADSL Installation Headaches

I'm trying to upgrade my internet connection  from 56K modem service to ADSL service but I am having some problems with the company providing the service. They claim the minimum machine they  will install a modem on is a Pentium 133 with 32meg of memory. I currently  have an AMD 133 which is a 486 class process with 24megs of memory, being  used as a firewall, that I would like  to install it on. I asked the technician that came to install why a Pentium 133 is the minimum and he had no answer only to show me documents from the various service providers he works with that all have the same minimums. My guess is the minimums are based on the computer being used as a workstation but I have no facts to back that up. Is it possible to get ADSL service working on a 486 given enough RAM? Since it is a firewall and only has to pass packets along, more or less, I thought this would be enough. Anybody care to venture an opinion?

Sarig