i've got a celeron500 here running nfs, samba, apfs, apache, bind, sendmail
and proftpd.  all services are required as this little box is the central
machine in the office hosting all of the development for all the sites we're
working on.

but lately it's been blowing up and people on their macs (osX) have been
losing access to their nfs shares.  and just now i had problems on my redhat
box where i tried to ls an nfs mounted directory.  instead of giving the
contents, i was met with an error stating that the file handle is 'stale'.

the machine's only got 128mb ram with a swap of about 192mb.  is this too
much for this little machine or am i just configuring something wrong?  can
i increase the amount of memory that nfs has?

here's the output of free:

                     total     used    free  shared  buffers  cached
Mem:                125564   123660    1904       0     9980   80984
+/- buffers/cache:   32696    32696   92868
Swap:               196552     7264  189288

daniel a. g. quinn
starving programmer

Lift up yourselves, men, take yourselves out of the mire and hitch your
hopes to the stars; yes, rise as high as the very stars themselves. Let no
man pull you down, let no man destroy your ambition, because... man is your
brother; he is not your lord.
 - marcus garvey