On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 00:16:15 +0900
Doug Lerner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribbled intuitively:

>Well, since my old 6 GB HD died I went over to Shinjuku today and got a
>new IBM 40 GB HD - just $64!
>
>Anyway, everything is re-installed. <whew>
>
>Since I had more disk space this time I installed also KDE in addition to
>Gnome. But what does it mean that there is a KDE menu inside Gnome? I
>thought they were two separate desktop environments. It seems that from
>inside Gnome I can access all the KDE menus/apps - even the KDE desktop
>theme settings.
=============================
Coool, huh ;o)
=============================

>What does that mean?
That Linux desktops can be versatile.  Most KDE apps will easily run w/i
Gnome and vice versa.  In fact apps from both will run on just about any
desktop or environment you'd like:  Xfce, Icewm, Blackbox, Fluxbox,
Enlightenment, Windowmaker, afterst..... (huh, well, you get the point ;))

Mike

--
BluePoint Brewery, LI
--Run a river through your liver!!