You might want to try gnumeric. Probably upgrade to a more updated
stable version (1.0.x) than the one provided by Redhat (unless you're
using 7.3, which I think the gnumeric is quite updated). In my opinion,
gnumeric is better than open office in spreadsheet area. In claims to be
fully compatible also with Excel files and functions. It even has more
functions than excel does.

Hope that helps
Rdb