biggest problem with gnumeric is that it can only save in excel 95
format - as far as i can tell it can not save in excel 2000 format. this
is a problem in many business environments.

does anyone know if there is a plan to integrate excel 2k formatting.

On Sun, 2002-07-28 at 16:50, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> You might want to try gnumeric. Probably upgrade to a more updated
> stable version (1.0.x) than the one provided by Redhat (unless you're
> using 7.3, which I think the gnumeric is quite updated). In my opinion,
> gnumeric is better than open office in spreadsheet area. In claims to be
> fully compatible also with Excel files and functions. It even has more
> functions than excel does.
>
> Hope that helps
> Rdb
>
> On Sun, 2002-07-28 at 13:40, Michael Flannigan wrote:
> >
> > My brief foray into Linux was more than a year ago.  I installed
> > RedHat version 7.  I left it and returned to Windows when the
> > Excel-like program in Linux (free version) would not open
> > my large (20,000+ row) Excel files.  It tried to, but gave an
> > error that I no longer remember.  Has anybody had any
> > luck importing large, single worksheet Excel files that have
> > more than 20,000 records (rows)?
> >

> > Mike Flannigan

\||/   j    a    c    k      w    a    l    l    e    n
 00
  >        - conventional wisdom is the root of all evil
 -           you've got ta get a new mindset people -
                                      http://www.monkeypantz.net
Key fingerprint = 527F C040 48E3 012A B84A  7CA8 B88D 7DB1 53CD 2DB9
sub  1024g/00541162 2002-07-05

__
redhat-list mailing list
Unsubscribe mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe