Greg Conway wrote:
----------------->>>>
I have five Red Hat Servers running within a company, each running Samba -
they have replaced Windows NT Servers and now the system is about 99% more
reliable!! :)

Anyway, the major problem is keeping all the systems in sync - the same
users need to be set up on each of the Servers, and it's becoming a real
bind adding and deleting users all the time as this company hires and fires
far too many people!!

Is there any way I can set one Server up as the master, and configure all
the other Servers to gain their user information from this one master?

Just to make things more difficult, the Servers are a mix of Red Hat Linux
7.1 and 7.2. I'll also be adding 7.3 into the equation shortly as we're
expecting to build them a new Server in a few weeks!

So, can this be done? Could anybody please point me in the right direction?
Absolutely and your version mix isn't a problem either.

One of the popular (maybe) ways is nis which comes on the standard RH
distro.  It's a bit to set up but has been working well for us for so long I
can't remember much about setting it up.  You can also use LDAP (also on RH
distro) but there has been a learning curve there that I've not had the time
to get into.  Check the how-to's at the Linux documentation project
(http://www.tldp.org/).