Ive been a member of this list for a while, but have just been reading,
mainly because im a linux newbie, and don't have a whole lot to
contribute.

Here is my problem. I run 7.3 and its been fine until today.

First, here is my system setup:

 3 IDE hard drives, and 1 SCSI hard drive

the / partition is on SDA1, however my swap space AND GRUB were on the
primary master IDE drive.

The IDE drive crashed today.  Grub still will come up, however the swap
space is damaged to the point where I can do NOTHING with this system.
It will not boot, when I try, it gets to mounting the root filesystem,
and the hard drive makes some god aweful sounds and it just quits
eventually.

My question is this -

I -do- have a new ide drive that I can replace the broken one with, but
how do I get the grub and swap space on there so my system will boot?

Last but not least, as im sure this is the first question people will
ask me, I don't have a rescue disk.  :(  my mistake.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike