try http://www.linuxorbit.com/howto/sambahowto.php3

easy to follow, got mine the first time from there working.

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 8:52 AM
Subject: Samba

> I am trying to set up a samba server however no matter what I try I can
not seem to browse my shares from a windows machine. I can view the Samba
server in network neighborhood but if i click it (or do a net view) I just
recieve an error. On the Samba web site there were some tests to try and all
of them worked (pinging, browsing shares from the samba server using
smbclient etc.) right up until it said to do a net view from the windows
machine. I have tried different settings in my smb.conf and so far nothing
has worked.