On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Kalin Mintchev wrote:
>
> > > thanks Matthew,.....
> >
> > the linux rescue gives me the same message. it gets to the same point and
> > it can not find the DIRECTORY not the images... it's right there. it must
> > be something wrong with the boot image. i even tried symlink.. this is
> > rediculous....
>
> I'm out of ideas at the moment, and I don't have an opportunity to try it
> out.  My last idea is:
>
> Once the installer starts, there are several VCs running that you can
> switch to to see logs of various steps in the install.  One of them is an
> interactive shell, so you can use <alt>-<Fn> to try to get a better clue
> to what's going on.
>
> Good luck.  I did a hard-disk install once (not with 7.3) and IIRC it did
> work with a bit of fiddling around.

thanks.. i'll try that too...

i did all the possible options. i tried NFS install (sat up an NFS server
and exporting directories) and ftp install from another linux box that had
the RedHat files copied from an ISO. in both cases it fails to connect.
and i know that the ftp account works. i can ftp to it from the command
line on the same box i'm trying to install the 7.3. but the installer
fails to connect. i'm starting to have serious doubts that one can
install RH 7.3 from anything else but the CDs you buy... anyway thanks...
i guess nobody from redhat actually reads the posts on this list...