Title: Linux as a firewall

I have recently gotten a new machine at my house with WinXP Pro.  However, I'd like to place something between the XP machine and my broadband connection that will act as a firewall.  I'd like to rebuild my old machine as Linux and build it as a firewall.

Currently I work with Linux as the OS for our database servers, but have never setup a secure Linux firewall system.  I realize I can Google or RTFM, but I would like to see if any of you have favorite documents or websites for such info.  If you have any links to good docs on learning and setting up Linux in this type of environment, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Chuck