> I have recently gotten a new machine at my house with WinXP Pro.  However,
> I'd like to place something between the XP machine and my broadband
> connection that will act as a firewall.  I'd like to rebuild my old machine
> as Linux and build it as a firewall.
>
> Currently I work with Linux as the OS for our database servers, but have
> never setup a secure Linux firewall system.  I realize I can Google or RTFM,
> but I would like to see if any of you have favorite documents or websites
> for such info.  If you have any links to good docs on learning and setting
> up Linux in this type of environment, I would appreciate it.
I've had great success with FloppyFW.  It's a linux distro that fits on a
single bootable floppy.  Comes with some simple config scripts, and can be
setup within an hour.  I have it running on an old P120 with no hard drive.

http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/

--
// Andrew MacKenzie  |  http://www.edespot.com
// "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love."