On Friday October 18 2002 01:27 am, Mark wrote:
> So, I use kmail, and I *don't* care for it's addressbook, and I've just
> tried Kaddressbook, and it is user-hostile: I can't seem to create a
> mailing list, and I can't put the display fields in the order I want (and
> who wants an addressbook that INSISTS on Email1 before File-as - alpha
> order of fields, in other words.

To make distribution list (that's what it's called, i think) you need to have
all the addresses in the Addressbook individually, then you click File->
Distribution list, and add the addresses to the list, which really sucks, I
agree.

> And I can't make things go away. Nor can I view a long email address, with
> a leading name. Nor, if I use either Kadressbook, or KAB with the
> Kadressbook gui, can I make the bloody damn thing address an email. I click
> on the name, it brings up the little list box so you can verify that's what
> you want, which is fine...but then I click ok...and it brings up the main
> KMail window.

To use your address book, click a little button with 3 dots beside the To / CC
box in the Compose New Mail window.

> Nor does Kaddressbook have any help. If I click "create folder", the KMail
> addressbook, with or without KAB, does not have any explanation of what the
> fuck "folder contains an address list" check box *MEANS*, or if I can use
> it for a mailing list, or....

I don't know what you mean. Do you mean create a folder in KMail? There is a
checkbox which if you check, allow you to put a default address to post. So
if you're in that folder and click the New Message button, the To box
automatically gets filled in with the that address.

Hope that helps.

RDB.