From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:redhat-list-admin@;redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Shankar Rajendran
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2002 8:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Help me to reduce the size

Hi,

 I trying to Port Rh Linux 6.1 in a 8 MB Diskonchip flash disk. If I
copied the required files in to the disk on chip, it requires 16 MB of
memory. I think the Library files are taking most of the space.

Is it possible to port the Linux in 8Mb of flash disk..?

Is it possible to port the Linux without library files.? I have tried to
compile a df.c file with -static option but the size of the static df
exe is 1392767. The size of df exe without the -static option is 14132,
but it requires libc.so.d and ld-Linux.so.2.

Is there any other option to compile the files statically..?

Please help me to port the Linux in 8 MB of flash disk.

with regards,

Shankar R