We have a fresh installation of RedHat 7.3 running Oracle 8.1.7.  I had it
all running when this morning I noticed our Big Brother alert me that no
reports were being received.

I tried to ssh (even tried ftp) and am getting the following error message

Could not chdir to home directory /home/user_name: Permission denied
/bin/bash: Permission denied
Connection to server closed.

---

I checked the rights and am confused.  It looks like the rights are fine and
sshd is running on the server side.  I tried the same thing from the
console.  Same problem.  I suspect a pam problem but am unsure how to go
about checking it.  Thoughts?

Much appreciated.