> The build completed without error, though. Here's the steps I used:
> # rpm -Fvh kernel-source-2.4.18-17.8.0.i386.rpm
> # cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-17.8.0/
> # make mrproper
> # cp configs/kernel-2.4.18-athlon.config .config
> # make oldconfig
> # make dep
> # make bzImage && make modules && echo "Finished!"

Michael - I've never built a kernel before but with your notes gave it a go.

The steps outlined by you above do indeed work here too (although I'm
running 7.2 and built a 7.2 kernel).

Would you mind posting the final steps to get it booting as well?

I know it involves copying the kernel (and what else?) to /boot and making a
grub entry for it, but not sure exactly. Using the above filenames in your
example would be useful.

I would just like to add it to my RedHat notes text file for future
reference and to help other people.

If you don't mind.

Regards,

---