Yes it seems to be the solution.

Thanks for the hints.

 Hal Burgiss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:34:09AM +0100, linux power wrote:

> I've also found 65 infected files
> with W32CIH2003 mainly on my windows partitions.
> So if anybody know about that irc worm and how to remove it whitout installing
> linux again I'll be happy.

How will reinstalling Linux clean up Windows partitions?

If you are right and it is Linux that is rooted, the only sane
approach is to reinstall. Being sure to either format, or replace the
drive as part of the repair. After re-installing, to not start any
services that are exposed until you have done all errata updates, and
re-examined your security policies and implementation.

--
Hal Burgiss