> Can anyone report their experiences with Webmin for the configuration of
> Linux server services?  We're particularly interested in:
>
> 1.  Does it break services the way Linuxconf used to?
>
> 2.  Does it provide a comprehensive level of functionality to configure
> most services?

It works great for me.  I use it for sendmail, bind, service startup stuff,
extended internet service stuff, everything but firewall.  I tested the
tape backup and it worked great on my DLT.  I've never had to tweak
anything further once configuring something with webmin.

It's never broken a service or anything else for me.

Webmin gives me the time to concentrate on the big picture without getting
bogged down in the details of a lot of different, idiosyncratic
configuration programs.

I find it a truly wonderful program and my (red)hat's off to the developers.

FWIW,

Brad