John Nichel wrote:
Ya know, I've been vi'ing my config files for as long as I can remember. Sendmail is a pain in the ass to do by hand, and named is nasty when managing multiple domains. I've never been impressed with Linuxconf, and steer away from it like the plague, but with all this talk about Webmin the past few days, so I decided to give it a try. Installed it tonight, and did some simple tasks like adding smbfs shares to fstab, setting up a "dummy" domain in named, adding a virtual host to apache, etc. I must say, I'm extremely impressed. I checked the config files after each change, and not only did it make the right changes in the right place, but it did them neat. I'll play with the sendmail stuff tomorrow, but if it works as good as the other sections I messed with, this will be a major time saver for me at work.

I tip my (Red) Hat to those who took the time to make this tool, and applaud their attention to detail.
<snip>

I thought webmin was just for parsing my log files...I'll have to check it out even more.

--
Joseph A Nagy Jr                 Purgatory is where Windows users go when they
Founder and Partner              die so they can figure out Linux and ascend into

Camarilla ID: US2002023638                          Help bring Nemo home!
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=jnagyjr http://www.geocities.com/grand_dream/