I assume you have linux installed, then shutdown and put the ide card in? If so, the reason you are a getting the kernel panic is because the partition table has changed. When you install an ide card, hda hdb ect changes to hde hdg ect.....You need to edit grub or lilo to point to the right device names....

SarahTF wrote:
Chris, I am running 7.3. Planning on upgrading to 8.0, but the downloads are
not going well.

Sarah

--
http://www.winsweptrottweilers.com

ICQ# 55846749

Registered Linux user #191829

A Cherokee Prayer:

Oh Great Spirit,

Help me always to speak the truth quietly,

to listen with an open mind when others speak

and to remember the peace that may be found in

silence.