While I have never been a Bill Gates or M$ devotee, I do admire
the foundation and the work it does -- which truly is a
humanitarian effort.  They have made great inroads into inocula-
tion programs for children.  They also run the foundation like a
business -- thereby gutting the bloated "administrative costs"
that seem to gobble up the lions' share of other so-called
charities.  As a 30-year computer veteran, 22 of 'em as a UNIX
snob, I indeed regard M$ as the Evil Empire -- but smart is
smart -- and I admit respect for the Bill and Melinda Gates
Foundation and its work.

penelope S.

-- Excellence is a journey, not a destination.