On Sunday 17 November 2002 05:05 pm, Brad Alpert wrote:
> Michael Schwendt suggested the following ruleset:
> > Can you get any other recipe to work? And would
> >
> > :0:
> >
> > * ^Subject:.*
> > spam
> >
> > catch your message?
>
> No it didn't.
>
> The only rule that works is the spamassassin one, in the sense that
> procmailrc properly calls it, applies the spam scores, and then injects
> the message back.
>
> None of the pure procmail recipes have any effect.

I've been following this thread with great interest.  It seems to me that the
most likely possibility is that spamassasin is filtering your message in an
undesirable way such that it is no longer intact.

A quick way to test this out would be to save your test message to a file and

    cat testmessage | spamassasin

and see what comes out.

Alternately, you could write a rule after the spamassasin rule that will
always match, and see how the message gets saved.  I think you can do this
with:

:0:
TestFolder

Then you can see exactly what you are working with.

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "All my life, I always wanted to be somebody.
DK KD  Now I see that I should have been more specific."
DDDD                                       - Lily Tomlin