Progress on the procmail front, still a little problem remaining.

To recap - my global /etc/procmailrc wasn't catching any conditions I
threw at it.  With help from many on the list yesterday, tonight I was
able to make it work.

Procmail functions great when I don't call spamassassin.  Apparently,
spamassassin is grabbing things and not returning to the processing
rules in my /etc/procmailrc.

Here is my /etc/procmail, with the spamassassin call near the top:

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail
VERBOSE=ON

DROPPRIVS=yes

:0fw             <<-------
*  < 256000      <<-------
| spamassassin   <<-------

DROPPRIVS="yes"

:0:
* ^X-Spam Status: Yes
spam

:0:
* ^Subject: .*Test
spam

:0:
* ^Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RedHat

# Delete mail from 21cn.com
:0
* ^From:.*21cn.com
/dev/null

:0:
* ^Subject: .*out of (the )?office
spam

*********

Here's the output from /var/log/procmail in response to having the
spamassassin test enabled:

procmail: [24448] Mon Nov 18 19:57:13 2002
procmail: Match on "< 256000"
procmail: Executing "spamassassin"
procmail: [24448] Mon Nov 18 19:57:19 2002
procmail: No match on "^X-Spam Status: Yes"
procmail: No match on "^Subject: .*Test"
procmail: No match on "^Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
procmail: No match on "^From:.*21cn.com"
procmail: No match on "^Subject: .*out of (the )?office"
procmail: Assigning
"PATH=/home/balpert/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/lo$
procmail: Locking "/var/spool/mail/balpert.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/var/spool/mail/balpert"
procmail: Opening "/var/spool/mail/balpert"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
procmail: Unlocking "/var/spool/mail/balpert.lock"
procmail: Notified comsat: "balpert@5742456:/var/spool/mail/balpert"
  Folder: /var/spool/mail/balpert
1

And so, obviously what is happening is that SA is not properly returning
to the procmailrc processing rules.

Why would this be?  Is there an option somewhere in SA configuration
where it must be told to return and continue processing rules?  I
wouldn't think so, but who the heck knows..

Note again that, without the three SA lines in my /etc/procmailrc, rules
are evaluated and executed completely correctly.  It is only when SA is
called as above that the procmailrc conditions do not get tested.

Any hints, much appreciated1

Thanks to all for the gracious help so far.

Brad