Before I start, let me first say that you have left out two very good
open-source databases from consideration - SAP DB and Interbase.  You
might look into both of these.  Anyway, as to your specific question:

MySQL does not support the relational idea very well.

People do not use relational databases because they are fast.  While it is
theoretically possible to make relational databases extremely fast, it is
usually not done.  The reason people use relational databases is because
the relational idea makes managing data, changing data schemas, and
multiple applications very well.

For example, PostgreSQL supports views, MySQL does not.  This is very
important if your database is going to be used by more than one
application, or has a chance of changing in the future.

PostgreSQL supports arbitrary types defined by the user, MySQL does not.

PostgreSQL support _serializable_ transactions (the highest isolation
level).  I don't believe MySQL supports that level of transactions.

PostgreSQL allows you to write functions in many languages.  MySQL does
not.

PostgreSQL allows unions, and even unions and group by's in views.  MySQL
does not.

If your data is important, I would go with PostgreSQL, simply because it
has much better data management options.  For many things it is faster,
too.

Jon