Hi,

> I installed redhat 8, some programms shows the ö,ä,ü ... wrong. (vim,
> perl output)
> What can I do?

If this is the problem I describe, this should only happen with files
created with older versions of redhat.

I think this is linked with UTF-8 being the default encodind, now.
To overcome, you can, either set LANG=C before launching your application
or convert your files encodings with iconv. Your encoding is surely
latin-1. If it is not, I have no clue on how to do to detect the encoding
of a file.

It is a bit strange that vim doesn't recognize the right encoding, as in
my case it did.

Pat