On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Christopher Henderson wrote:

> I've tried using the non-smp kernel and changing my SMP Protocol to 1.1 from
> the default 1.4 and nothing helps.  Thnx anyways folks and again I apologize
> for my initial frustration induced rant.
>
> ~Christopher
>
> btw - stability aside those new Radion drivers rock, until my machine locks
> up everything runs fast and steady.

Christopher,

You also posted a question about nopentium memory. Do you have this
enabled in your current settings? I have a single Athlon CPU on which
I had to add 'mem=nopentium' to the boot command under previous versions
of RedHat, but had to disable it under 8.0. Everything is running rock
solid now. Don't know if that applies to your case or not. It may be a
combination of problems.

Carey

<>  Carey F. Cox, PhD          |  PHONE: (318) 257-3770               <>
<>  Assistant Professor        |  FAX:   (318) 257-2306               <>
<>  Mech. Engg. Program        |  EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]        <>
<>  Louisiana Tech University  |  WEB:   http://www.latech.edu/~cfcox <>