Daevid Vincent said:

> Swap:       522072     116012     406060
>
> Here is what I have running currently as of that 'free'

wonder why it's swapping like mad.

one thing I would suggest is at least temporarily disable swap.
684MB of ram is a TON of ram, and unless your doing something
totally obscene you'll probably never run out. Swap is good to
have as a fallback incase something goes whacky and tries to eat
all your ram. but for testing sake I would turn it off. That will
force the system to use more ram(notice how its using about 500MB
for buffers). php/mysql will run fine with 684MB. Shit it'll run
fine with 384MB or 256MB probably :)

Swapping on a laptop will kill it, the drives are just so damn
slow. Curious why it is swapping so much though.

you can turn off swap with swapoff <partition>. If you do this
on a live system it may take some time to complete as it has
to transfer everything from swap back to RAM. On a laptop with
110+MB of swap in use I would think this may take up to 3
minutes to complete(rough guess)

nate