From: Edward Dekkers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 1:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Networking

> Yes, that's what I don't understand. They have all got the right IP
> addresses and they are all on the same subnet. They just don't want to
talk
> to each other. I'm going to try doing a peer-to-peer connection and see
> whether they will talk to each other then. Maybe it is a problem with the
> switch...
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Andy
>
> P.S. Do they have to be on the same workgroup, and have them all running
NIS
> SMB etc?

OK, now I'm confused. I've been semi-following this thread and all answers
given to you seem correct. This last P.S. has confused me. OR you are
confused.

SMB has NOTHING to do with IP Networking, and EVERYTHING to do with Windows
networking. I've never used NIS.

Now the real question is: What EXACTLY do you mean 'talk to each other'?

Talking to each other is as simple as using 'ping' to test responses. Are
they at least doing that? If not, anything else you want to do is moot until
that is fixed.

If you want to get peer-to-peer going it's a TOTALLY different story and
doesn't really relate to your original post.

Please post back and clarify clearly what it is exactly you're trying to do.

Regards,

---
Edward Dekkers (Director)
Triple D Computer Services P/L

 NNC Limited
 Booths Hall
 Chelford Road
 Knutsford
 Cheshire
 WA16 8QZ

 Country of Registration: United Kingdom
 Registered Number: 1120437

 are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
 the NNC system manager by e-mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED]