On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 03:18:04PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

[snip]

> Recently, however, up2date failed to install the new packages, and
> complained that the boot partition was too full.  The partition is 45 MB
> and is 98% full at the moment.

You probably updated the kernel, but did not remove the old kernels.
Check with rpm -q kernel. If it shows swveral packages, that's it.

> I am unsure of how to free up space in the boot partition; I don't know
> how it became so full and what can be moved or deleted safely.  Obviously,
> I would prefer to resolve this without going through the steps necessary
> to expand the boot partition.

Remove the old kernel packages with rpm -e kernel-<version> and your
done.

Cheers,
--
Javier Gostling                        Av. Kennedy 5757, of. 1502
Ingeniero de Sistemas                  Las Condes, Santiago, Chile