For X2, THe 3COM/USR Sportster external is a good choice, its a very solid
modem. I've used one for quite awhile with no trouble at all. Just be sure
to upgrade to ppp-2.3.3.  On the 56Kflex side, I must speak up for the Hayes
Accura. Perfect running right out of the box. DO NOT, buy the hayes optima
series. The 28.8 series and 33.6 series have an incompatibility with chat, and
I can only surmise that the 56k ones do as well.  Buy an Accura, save yourself
a headache.

hope this helps.

Will

On 04-May-98 Chris Lea wrote:
> Does anybody know of an internal, x2 combatible 56k modem that is known
> to work easily with RHL 5.0 on an intel machine?  I'm looking for
> something specific (make and model would be great.)  Thanks in advance.
>
> -Chris
> --
> Chris Lea
> (310) 475-5370
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.luciddesigns.com
> "Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of."
>

> --

-Mail: Will LaShell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Date: 04-May-98     Time: 09:04:50