On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 03:05:10PM -0500,
 John R Levine <jo...@taugh.com> wrote
 a message of 64 lines which said:

> > In that light, we would need an EPP extension before IANA can
> > adopt a policy to allow DNAME in the root.
>
> I don't understand why you think it would have to be in that order.

One of the annoying things at IETF is that there is no clear directive
on the order to do things which involve several stakeholders. At the
discussion in dnsop about draft-bortzmeyer-dname-root, Kim Davies
(IANA) suggested that it wasn't productive to discuss the policy part
of the project since there isn't even an EPP mapping for it. So, what
is the right order and who decides on it? (Personal advice: there is
no order, things are faster when done in parallel.)