On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:39, Nikita Danilov wrote:
>  > Also here is an entry for swap files:
>  > 0xff6   string  SWAP-SPACE Version 0 Swap file for 4K pages
>
> By the way, I just found that my perfectly valid reiserfs file-system
> triggers above check. It was created on what was earlier swap device and
> mkreiserfs didn't clear first 16 blocks, so put this line after ones for
> reiserfs in your magic file.

This has been an issue here before.  I think that on a rw mount ReiserFS
should over-write that.

Has the bug in mkreiserfs been fixed so it can't happen in future?

>Vanilla /usr/lib/magic contains (from file-3.27-37)
>
># Linux swap file, from Daniel Quinlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>4086    string          SWAP-SPACE      Linux/i386 swap file

Right, I didn't notice that.  I'll amend my bug report.

Here is what I am now using:
0xff6   string  SWAP-SPACE Linux/i386 swap file version 0 (4K pages)

0xff6   string  SWAPSPACE2 Linux/i386 swap file version