Well,. if you allow multiple true names, then you start to resemble
something I suggested a few years ago, in which I outlined a taxonomy of
links, and suggested that some links would count towards the reference
count and some would not.

Of course, that does nothing for the cycle problem......

How are cycles handled for symlinks currently?

Hans