Let's try to help in a practical way. It would be important to try to find out (ideally from Hans, or someone who has spoken to him recently or close to him) what help he needs. The people who may know most about the situation are probably his parents, but I am not sure that we can disturb them, they must have other worries than to talk to us. Has anyone from Namesys or anyone on this list spoken to them recently? It is probably best if only one person tries to get in touch. All we should try to find out if there is anything we can try to help with. (Probably no other information should be made public anyway.)

Toby Thain wrote:
> He's in custody of the police; apparently even his lawyer can't see him.

Has anyone actually checked that this is in fact true.
According to news reports, Hans is held in Santa Rita Jail in Dublin.
http://alamedacountysheriff.org/DC/jail_info.htm
Could someone try to find out for certain?