Hi Ed,

Please see below...

On 10-02-22 2:49 AM, Edward d'Auvergne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> See below:
>

> On 21 February 2010 20:59, Sébastien Morin<sebastien.mori...@ulaval.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just installed relax on a Mac using fink.
>>      relax-py26    1.3.4-2    Protein dynamics by NMR relax. data analysis
>>
>> I also installed the dependencies using fink.
>>      minfx-py26    1.0.2-1    The minfx optimisation library
>>      numpy-py26    [virtual package]
>>      python26    1:2.6.4-101    Interpreted, object-oriented language
>>      scientificpython-py26    2.8-1    Python modules for scientific
>> computing
>>      scons    0.98.3-1    Python-based build tool
>>
>> I created a link in the relax directory pointing to the minfx directory:
>>      minfx@ ->  /sw/lib/python2.6/site-packages/minfx/
>>
> This should not be necessary.  If there are any strange optimisation
> issues, this should be the first place to look.

In fact, if the link is not present, relax complains about minfx not
being installed...

>> I compiled the relaxation curve fitting modules using scons but got the
>> following deprecation warnings:
>>
>> ========
>> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
>> /sw/lib/scons-0.98.3/SCons/Platform/posix.py:38: DeprecationWarning: The
>> popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the subprocess module.
>>    import popen2
>> /sw/lib/scons-0.98.3/SCons/Tool/msvs.py:37: DeprecationWarning: the md5
>> module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
>> ========
>>
> These are ok.  Like most mac software ported for other Unix systems,
> the versions are ancient and from the dark ages.  Scons released
> version 1.2 in december, not of last year, but 2 years ago!  See
> http://www.scons.org/.  Hence the warnings.  This is no problem
> though.

Ok...
>> After, I launched relax but got the following warning:
>>
>> ========
>> ImportError: dlopen(/sw/lib/relax-py26/maths_fns/relax_fit.so, 2): no
>> suitable image found.  Did find:
>>      /sw/lib/relax-py26/maths_fns/relax_fit.so: mach-o, but wrong
>> architecture
>> Relaxation curve fitting is unavailable, try compiling the C modules.
>> ========
>>
> Try "scons clean_all" followed by "scons".  Does the file
> /sw/lib/relax-py26/maths_fns/relax_fit.so exist?  This will be a
> problem for curve-fitting!

"scons clean_all" works fine and then, "scons" creates the
"relax_fit.so" executable. The file type (obtained from the command
"file") is as follows: "Mach-O bundle i386".

Is it what it's supposed to be ?
(I am really new to Mac...)

>> Concerning the test-suite, there were nultiple errors:
>>      System tests
>>          4 failures + 20 errors
>>      Unit tests
>>          12 errors
>>
>> The unit tests errors were all the same:
>>
>> ======
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File
>> "/sw/lib/relax-py26/test_suite/unit_tests/_generic_fns/_structure/test_scientific.py",
>> line 54, in setUp
>>      self.data = Scientific_data()
>>    File "/sw/lib/relax-py26/generic_fns/structure/scientific.py", line
>> 60, in __init__
>>      raise RelaxError, "The Scientific python PDB module
>> Scientific.IO.PDB could not be imported."
>> RelaxError: RelaxError: The Scientific python PDB module
>> Scientific.IO.PDB could not be imported.
>> ======

>> I guess all these errors are not normal...
>>
>> Any idea to help me debug this issue ?
>>
>> Thank you !!!
>>
> This is normal as Scientific python is not installed.  Maybe it would
> be good to add a new section to the test suite listing the installed
> and missing modules, and then disabling the relevant system and unit
> tests (scientific-python, relax curve-fitting C modules, etc.) if
> missing.  This will be a bit of work though, hence why I haven't done
> it yet!  I would guess that all the failures are due to these 2
> missing pieces, but it's hard to tell.

Scientific Python is installed...
     scientificpython-py26    2.8-1    Python modules for scientific
computing

Maybe, yes, it would be good to simply give a warning for missing
dependencies and avoid the tests to be performed...

Thanks for your insights !

Séb

--
Sébastien Morin