From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:05 PM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics; Law & Religion issues for Law
Academics
Subject: Re: Catholic Charities Issue

Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone yet posted any reliable information about
what it is, exactly, that Massachusetts will deny Catholic Charities if CC does
not agree to facilitate adoptions to gays and lesbians?  Without a "license,"
what freedom does CC stand to lose, and how will it affect CC's religious
exercise?  (I assume, for instance, that the Church will still be permitted to
inform prospective parents about the availability of particular children in
need of a home.)  I did a quick search of Massachusetts statutory law but
didn't find anything.  I'm finding it increasingly difficult to understand this
case and to evaluate both the legal claims and the arguments for and against a
permissive accommodation without knowing these basic facts about the operation
of the law and the effect on CC's religious liberty.

Thanks in advance for any inforrmation.

From: "Lupu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>